14 August 2014

Roses

A card I made before I went on my holidays for a commission.

As with many things I had in mind what I was going to do from a brief and ended up with something completely different!


Roses was one of the briefs and as I had been playing with my spiral flower die for something else I suggested these.  This is an 8x8" so quite large.

Some backing paper from my stash and SU Deco Label framelits used to add peel offs for the sentiment.  SU punches for the bird and leaves and a selection of pink and cream roses.

Only when I had made this did it then dawn on me that this was not going in an envelope - so then I made a matching box!  I thought it was a shame I didn't have much large card to make the box but then remembered it is now only a 5 minute walk to Hobbycraft and I had a 20% voucher so I soon remedied that.


Luckily it was all very well received.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jill your roses are gorgeous very pretty colours and a perfect matching box

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card - easy to get carried away with 3D elements only to find it won't fit an envelope - guess how I know that!!

    ReplyDelete