10 April 2014

Quilling vs Bubble Blooms

Another interesting moment today which will come as no surprise to everyone - there is always something!

Been making some samples for the next 2 days where I am doing a spot of quilling and copic colouring at the Yandles Spring Show (Martock, Somerset).  At the expense of some samples I did quite a lot of prep stamping for some quilling/colouring combo cards so I could keep busy for 2 days.

All the stamps that had been ordered for the shop for me to promote have ended up in North Yorkshire!!!  Not ideal at all.

This is the Woodware Bubble Bloom stamp called Clarissa.

They are designed for card candi etc but as soon as I saw them I thought of quilling.

For both of the samples I have used a combination of 2mm & 3mm paper in co-ordinating colours and in either solid or loose coils.

It's quite a nice card to make.  The purple card has copic coloured leaves, the pink card has paper-pieced leaves.

I haven't got too fancy with the backgrounds but have finished with some more solid coils and a sentiment.

The punched layer uses an x-cut leafy lace punch.



Fingers crossed for the weekend - I shall be colouring and quilling something - maybe not bubble blooms this time!

5 comments:

  1. Jill I love the idea of quilling on these stamped images very clever and very pretty...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant mixture quilling and stamped image -colours are well chosen and... I love these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to use quilling instead of candi. What a blow about the stamps ending up at the wrong end of the country!! Hope to catch up with you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea! always good to see quilling used with other techniques!

    ReplyDelete