9 November 2013

Thinking of You

This was a sympathy card I got asked for recently.

Yet again I had a different vision in my head as to how it panned out but there we go!

I've used kraft card and ivory stamping card, both from Anna Marie Designs.

The stamp set on the top half is good old Vintage Vogue, now retired from Stampin' Up which I've stamped in the fab sounding baked brown sugar.  I think I used a slightly darker ink for the large flowers which I have cut out and added with a little 1mm pad (the card had to be posted).

I've also added a card candi on the flowers - this was the limit for getting through the post before extra cost!

Sentiment is from the lovely new Wetland stamp set, punched out and layered on the trusty SU scalloped oval.

For the bottom of the card I used the new roller which I won at Jenny's extravaganza recently - it's called 'Very Vintage' and goes very nicely with this stamp set.
I've added this layer to some SU border punched strips (dotted scallop ribbon border).

For not going to plan it ended up well and was much appreciated by those concerned.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jill. The kraft, cream and baked brown sugar (yum!) Look so good together. Isn't it strange when what we visualise morphs into something totally different?

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Jill...this is a lovely stamp set and your colours blend so well together

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if it wasn't as planned this is a lovely card - I have that roller and it is so useful especially with that stamp set

    ReplyDelete