18 July 2013

A musical number

I can now post this card I finished last week.
An office chat recently lead to my colleagues being surprised that I could add music to the inside of a card and I was asked to 'up the ante' for my latest creation.
We had this chat in the week after 'box card' night at Crafty Bunch.  So, I give you ..... the first musical box card!  (and boy have I now started something with this at work too!!).



The other part of the brief was just to go with flowers and pastel colours.

The front of the box is layered with yellow and cream card and some paper from my vast stash.

The flowers are stamped from the Woodware clear set 'JGCL572' which has the 3 different size flowers, 2 leaves and a sentiment (not used here).

I've stamped the flowers on some pastel paper and gone over the swirl with stickles for extra sparkle and added a gem in the centre.

SU sentiment punched out with matching SU punches.


This is the inside.  The border has been punched with Martha Stewart punch around the page.  

Background is another Woodware clear script stamp which just takes away a stark background.

3 more flower sets stamped out on different papers from a pad and leaves added.

The last image shows the open card with some layers to allow room for writing on.

This picture was taken rather quickly because (after quite a bit of planning) I have hidden a music module in the card so when it opens it plays Happy Birthday.

It went down well with the recipient today apparently and some requests for a Christmas version for other colleagues has been mentioned!

Not to even start on how you top this for next years Birthday.

2 comments:

  1. A musical box card - that is such a clever idea and I'm not surprised it was well received. So pretty and that's a lovely flower stamp - never get to see any Woodware stamps (probably just as well actually!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty box musical box card Jill and such a lovely idea...I can you will be on night shift now making of these gorgeous books1

    Anne

    ReplyDelete