3 May 2013

I am a rubber stamper ...


Yesterday was Karen from Crafty Bunch's birthday - as mentioned previously anyone in our birthday club sends a card to everyone else on the list so you receive a nice little pile of specially made cards.

I started off with a slightly grander plan in mind for this but, in my defence, still not feeling too good and the size of the stamp sort of dictated how this ended up.

From the top I've used some cream card & SU punched down one side.  I've then distressed with antique linen & tea dye inks and overstamped the edges with an image from the SU Just Believe set.  Some of these I've added glamour dust too for a touch of bling.

The stamp is from a great Jane Gill Woodware set called 'Hand crafted by' which has many great expressions for us crafters on.

This is layered on a piece of burgundy card and then added to a kraft layer (also lightly distressed) which I have used the Martha Stewart punch around the page 'Cherish' set on.  I added thread to the inner layer of dots on this which Clare Rowlands does on her cards so not an original idea from me!

A fab matching button I found in the stash with some thread added to it and card candy finish this layer before it was mounted on another burgundy layer with the leaves overstamped in matching ink.

4 comments:

  1. Great card Jill and I just love the sentiment such an apt card for Karen

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was even MORE gorgeous IRL Jill - thank you so much; I love it. The sentiment is just brilliant so I need to go and have a look for this set............lol

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so appropriate for Karen and I'm sure she loved it (just spotted her comment and she did!!). Great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nicely done. I really like the sentiment on this card! Jill

    ReplyDelete