6 October 2011

A shared idea

Didn't realise until 2 days with no internet how much we relied on it!

Anyway, at the recent Shared Ideas day at the Quilling AGM Diane Boden Crane demonstrated some lovely cards that this one is based on.

As Mum came with me for the weekend and it is her birthday today I thought I would try it.
The circles are full strips wound round a random passing bottle! They are edged with some of Diane's famous spirals (1mm strips wound round very fine wire).
The bee, flower & butterfly are made using 2mm paper and seem to stay in rather better than expected given how fragile they look in their exposed circles.

The 3 circles are joined together with a peg and 2 marquise shapes between each and the same at the top & bottom of the piece. An aperture was then cut in the card that was big enough for the design with a bit of overhang for sticking!

Due to the nature of the card I then also stuck a little piece of fancy card on the back of the card with birthday greetings.
It isn't often I get to spend as long making special cards as I would like and know Mum will appreciate it. We're off to the theatre too though so no more crafting today!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card - say Happy Birthday to you mum from me and congratulations for winning on sunday too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Val I will do - I've just inspected the stamp set she won!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey this kind of card creation i have seen very first time.It gives awesome look.It designed perfectly.Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beuatiful card Jill, a Happy Brithday to mum and I saw she had won a prize on Sunday....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea. Which you share above. It such an excellent and impressive idea. I attract by tour great idea. It such a wonderful. I follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the card and it looking so beautiful. Every thing looking excellent like design, color, and decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing such a great cards. It looking awesome. It such a beautiful and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely greeting card which you share above.Every thing looking so awesome. Great design and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea which you share above. It such an excellent and useful idea. Every thing are very attractive for me. Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a idea! Above everything is awesome, Especially last one butterfly. Its looking so pretty. I would like to this pattern and colour.

    ReplyDelete