10 April 2011

Workshop

Having a quick break between work and language learning I have had a bit of a 'craftathon' over the last 4 days and now have some things to blog.

Bit of a shame I have been inside too much in the lovely weather but I had a day out at the Stitch & Craft show at the Bath & West for a few treats and bargains, 2 days demo-ing Quilling and a Quilling workshop today.

Today the Herring family of Elderberry Crafts visited our twice yearly quilling day at Woolavington. We (nearly) made 2 cards. This card was designed to showcase 'huskings' which are shapes made by wrapping paper around pins in a set design. It is a technique I have never used much so was good to produce such a lovely card.

The paper colours are lovely and from the range that Elderberry sell, the paper edging on the card corners is 'jeweltone' paper which has a sheen to it - one of those that seems too good to use sometimes!

I plan to finish off the other card tomorrow and also take some pics of the items I made for the demos I have just done so a bumper blog week for everyone that has complained about my absence!

2 comments:

  1. 'WOW' fantastic card, but all your quilling is, sounds like you had an enjoyable day.
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and the colour scheme is great. Look forward to seeing more. Not so bright this morning after spending all the good weather indoors!!

    ReplyDelete