10 January 2011

Owls

After my pre-Christmas production problems there were a few people I wanted to make a card for that unfortunately I knew I wouldn't get round to (hello if you are visiting!).

A sneaky way round this was to make some Happy New Year cards!

This lovely chap is one of the new Woodland Folk cutting dies (I still seem to have Mums cuttlebug sat here so thought I'd give it a go!).

The backing piece is using an embossing folder from the same folk on lovely green sparkly card.

I then cut out the various main body parts in brown and cream, the little 'bits' on the end of wings being rather entertaining! Eyes, Beak and feet were next then a branch which has a lovely bark look thanks to the roughness of the cuttlebug plates.

More use from the SU oval punches for a greeting in owl colours and I think he is rather cute!

1 comment:

  1. I love this owl card and have to agree that the little bits are somewhat fiddly to deal with.

    ReplyDelete