7 October 2010

Flowers


A card today inspired by my recent Quilling trip.

A dutch quiller that came over for the weekend had some beautiful cards that used some laser cut background pieces. As I had one in the stash I used that for this birthday card.

The pale yellow flowers were also something we admired although I couldn't quite get the colour I wanted from them!
The petals are solid coils with domed middles which are then pinched into a petal shape.
Some leaves and stems in a lovely pale green fit snuggly in the middle oval.

I layered the card on some nice sparkly gold card I have and added some Papermania gems to all the flower centres to finish with a bit of sparkle!

3 comments:

  1. Jill this is such a pretty card its to delicate.
    By the way I've had my SU scallop punches for months via that well known auction site!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very delicate card and that laser cut background really sets off the quilled flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is gorgeous, my quilling never turns out like this, I know... practise makes perfect :)

    ReplyDelete