29 September 2010

Seasons

So, I finally finished my project that has just made a trip to the Quilling AGM up near Sheffield.

Somerset had a display table which we entitled 'The Four Seasons'. I made this piece in a lovely box frame featuring sheep!

The sheep are a design by Diane Boden Crane that I made larger to fill the squares better. Their fleece is tiny trimmed spirals which are also used for making Diane's quilled chocolates.



I've added a few bits to each season - crocus, sunflowers, autumn leaves, xmas tree to make them suitable and lightly chalked the backgrounds of each square to give a tint of
colour to suit.

This is a close up of autumn. I quilled a tree trunk and have made some leaves in various autumnal colours and then had to add a little fringed hedgehog.

Some of the work at the AGM was amazing so I will see what other pictures I can find to share (I took many!).

I also managed to visit Chatsworth House and Stratford-Upon-Avon on my travels, so a busy few days - back to it now though as still lots to do and 3 quilling workshops in the next 2 weeks!!


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing and it sounds as if you had a good time up north. Welcome back and enjoy your workshops. I love those sheep they look so woolly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Jill thats amazing but there all your quilling is

    ReplyDelete