7 April 2010

Flowers

Still buried under a pile of quilling this week but the latest piece to make it out is this flower panel.

It is based on the one in the book 'Quilled Cards' by Diane Boden Crane. She is very talented and does amazing work all in 2mm paper and I have been lucky enough to have had some tuition with her in the past.

The background of this card was marked in pencil and the various sections chalked to colour them, the border is narrow width quilling paper. I decided to do these flowers as each teardrop petal is edged with a contrasting colour strip which I think looks quite striking, yet hopefully not too scary to demo as something different at the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Very dainty - hopefully I can catch some of your demo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous, I actually saw the real card today at Yandles

    ReplyDelete